Saturday, April 20, 2013

Dem Bones: The arrival

So, my Reaper Bones showed up this week. Oh, the excitement... Until I really looked at what I got. It took me an hour to unpackage my haul. What does it look like?


That's a crap-ton of little plastic dudes. I'll never want for character minis ever again.

But, then there were... Problems..



As you can see, one bag came empty. It was the female NOVA Corp mini from one of the two extra sets I ordered. I've started calling her Agent 99.

And, you can  see my Ape-X has some missing bits of his cables. I'm going to email Reaper today and see what they can do for me. I'm not angry or upset, I was told to expect errors. Thankfully, all the models I really wanted came in. Now, I just have to bend them back into place...

And paint them...

And figure out where I'm going to put them...


4 comments:

  1. Still, two errors out of all that isn't bad. I just can't stand using/playing with rubber duck models... Plastic, resin, metal I'm okay with, restic is evil, and those heroclix-esque rubberized caulk-models... I just can't, no beuno....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, you have to the Bones line one thing: it's a cheap way to pick up a ton of bad guys for RPGs. The plastic isn't too bad, but it's not nearly as good as GW plastics both in detail and quality. I do like being about to bend back swords and the like easily.

      Delete
    2. 2 out of a hundred aint bad i guess. I do prefer the harder plastic myself. I wished I had knew about kickstarter when Bones was happening though, I would have loved to get some of those.

      Delete
    3. They're going to be for sale on Reaper's site pretty soon. The price is really good, even if it isn't as good as it was during the Kickstarter.

      Delete