Saturday, November 1, 2014

A find on Kickstarter

Hello there, boys and girls! Did you miss me? I wish I had been around more, but life (mostly drama, bullshit, and laziness) got in the way. But, I'm back! And I come bearing gifts from Kickstarter.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/33195679/wwii-assault-tactical-skirmish-combat

Jay (who you may remember from my SpineSpur battle reports) emailed me this link earlier this week. I took a look and threw down $40. Why? Because unlike most WWII games, this one is a skirmish one. And I've found I like those better than most other things.

Now, why should you back this project? Well, I'm not one for nitpicking rules. I'll play anything and houserule stuff if I have to, so don't ask me about that. That said, Jay is that kind of guy and he seems impressed from what he's mentioned. I like the scale and the size. It looks fun. And, for $10, that should be worth it for you guys.

What army am I picking up? Why, the Russians, of course. Don't ask me why, but I have a thing for those crazy Soviet bastards. Plus, in WWII, they did a hell of a lot of damage. At the end of the war they had a standing army of five million. Kind of reminds me of the Imperial Guard... Hmm...

So, take a look. If it's something you think you might like, spend $10 to give a game (and a new guy) a chance.

3 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Haha. Thanks. Like I said at the top of the entry, a lot of BS has kept me away from the hobby. Things go right, I'll have some stuff painted and posted by the end of the month.

      Delete
  2. Captain,

    I appreciate your support.


    Thanks,
    Mitch

    ReplyDelete